Belgian country presentation
30th of November 2005
I realised that it's been a while that I didn't update my spot, but life goes on with working, sleeping, eating, working, sleeping, ...
I've attended some nice music shows the last two weekends at Fun Arte. All these shows are for free, funded by the government. It's a nice and cheap way to discover many different rhythms, as Brazil is more than Samba!
Last wednesday was an other holiday, only in BrasĂlia, so not nationwide. The reason of the holiday was "Dia evangĂ©lico". Next year, people will even have more days off, as many holidays will be on thursday. This means that you won't have to work in friday eighter. Anyone interested to move to Brasil and work here ;-)
Of course there is a but ... Some companies will give thursday and friday for one holiday but the next holiday on thursday, people have to come to work. And when Brazilians work, they do work hard too. So they deserve some spare time.
I took advantage of the day-off to give my country presentation. Almost 100 slides with facts and figures, many pictures, festivals, characteristics of the Belgians, food and drinks, and much more. People congradulated me afterwards and enjoyed tasting some chocolates, waffles, beer and jenever.
And as pictures say more than words, here we go ...

I realised that it's been a while that I didn't update my spot, but life goes on with working, sleeping, eating, working, sleeping, ...
I've attended some nice music shows the last two weekends at Fun Arte. All these shows are for free, funded by the government. It's a nice and cheap way to discover many different rhythms, as Brazil is more than Samba!
Last wednesday was an other holiday, only in BrasĂlia, so not nationwide. The reason of the holiday was "Dia evangĂ©lico". Next year, people will even have more days off, as many holidays will be on thursday. This means that you won't have to work in friday eighter. Anyone interested to move to Brasil and work here ;-)
Of course there is a but ... Some companies will give thursday and friday for one holiday but the next holiday on thursday, people have to come to work. And when Brazilians work, they do work hard too. So they deserve some spare time.
I took advantage of the day-off to give my country presentation. Almost 100 slides with facts and figures, many pictures, festivals, characteristics of the Belgians, food and drinks, and much more. People congradulated me afterwards and enjoyed tasting some chocolates, waffles, beer and jenever.
And as pictures say more than words, here we go ...


My audience during the beer break ...

Is tintin made in Belgium ... ?!? We didn't know ...

The result of giving Brazilians a Duvel ...
Afterwards we went to Stadt Bier, a bar where they produce beer according German standards. So finally a real beer in stead of the Brazilian water beer. They also sold Belgian beers (Hoegaarden, Duvel, Chimay, Maredsous, and other trappist). Unfortunatelly, these were too expensive: R$ 15, R$ 20 or even more. Knowing that my salary is R$ 1200 ...

So we decided to drink the locally produced German beers ...


3 Comments:
Hi Nele,
thx for the advice you gave us.
I will also go to Brazil to work next year.;-)
As I see you are enjoying your internship,:D!
Grtz,
Nele
Yiha!!!
Did you also explain that Hoegaarden is Belgium not Duch? Because some of the interns here believe that Hoegaarden is Duch (isn't is Oxana?). This weekend we had OPS. The delegates had to prepare a Belgium presentation (ppt), so they can give I nice presentation and be a real Belgium ambasador, as you!
That's a great story. Waiting for more. http://www.stationeryset.info/usa-hockey-jersey.html America latina libre Surgery rhinoplasty Laryngitis nexium Montgomery il realestate one condo in las vegas Venlafaxine affect periods Outline building a house Hardcore hair Home for sale st marys georgia Buspar holy vatican chattanooga estate real tenn antivirus
Post a Comment
<< Home