Finally some news from me ...
Feliz Ano Novo - Happy New Year - Gelukkig Nieuwjaar - Bonne Année - Feliz Año Nuevo - Glückliches Neues Jahr
Hello friends,
I hope you had a wonderful time during the holidays and last months parties. I hope as good as my days, as I spent an unforgettable Christmas and New Year on the beaches of the North East of Brazil ...
Really, I discovered a paradise overthere, some piece of nature that is already a little or will be exploited by turism in the future. But I was there just in time, before the entire coastlines are crowded with appartements and hotels. Imagine those pictures in turist brochures with blue ocean, christal clear water, white beaches and enjoyable warm water, some shadow of the palm trees and a pineapple juice in the hand ... This is how I spent Christmas day, something I will remind every Christmas in the future. I had such a nice time in Natal ...
And New Year was again on the beach, but now in Recife ... We arrived a little before midnight in Maria Farinha with the food and the drinks we brought from home and installed us on the table that Diogo's parents had rented for that night. At 11 we watched the fireworks in Rio, as they don't have the summer hour in Recife there is one hour difference between te cities. And I have never seen something like this before, and I want to go there once to see it with my own eyes ... anyone interested to come with me?
At midnight, everyone gathered on the beach to watch the small fireworks on Maria Farinha beach. Afterwards, there was a kind of a praying for the goddess of the sea while everyone was standing in a circle. Then people enter the sea and jump over 7 waves and throw a white flower in the see, all for the goddess and to have a prosperous year ... And something else that's remarkable to mention ... most people dress in white, so I had to find a white trousers here, but Brazilians models suits very difficult on my Belgian body ;-) but in the end, I finally found something more or less OK.
After this ritual, the party with live band got off till 4.30 when they took a break. Time to go on the beach again and wait till the sun rises around 5. Very beautiful ... and after a walk on the shores, Diogo and me entered the ocean to have our first swim of the year. The water was so enjoyable and warm for me, but freezing for people from Nordeste that are used to take a bath only when it's 30 degrees or more ...
These were the highlights of my trip to Nordeste, although I have plenty of other stories to tell you, and pictures to show. There was the visit to the Pitú factory where they embottle cachaça, the handicraft markets, Pelhorinho in Salvador, Beach Park in Fortaleza and the Israeli girls that I met in Natal. I don't know if I will find the time to write all this down, but you will hear my stories when I'm back, this is sure, because it was so so nice ...
And some other bad news ... my laptop broke down. There are 200 euro costs to repair it ... So I'm not sure yet if it's worth to spend this on an old computer ... I'm afraid that updating my blogspot will be more difficult in the future, but I'll see what I can do.
Some other news about the coming weeks ... most of you know it already, but for the people who don't ... my mother and my boyfriend Hans are arriving on Wednesday 18th of January :-) They will stay some days in Brasilia, go alone to Rio to visit this marvellous city and afterwards I meet them in Foz do Iguaçu (where the wonderful waterfalls near the border of Argentina, Paraguay and Brazil are) and we will travel to Curitiba and Florianopolis afterwards. It will be so great to meet them again, and to show them my daily life here and some other nice parts of the Brazilian culture and nature.
And when they return, I can start looking forward to the biggest party of the year in Brazil ... Yes, Carnaval :-) And I will spend a double Carnaval ... First I will go to Recife, to experience the street carnaval, that is considered by the Brazilians to be much better than the Carnaval in Rio. But I can not come home and tell you that I was in Brazil during Carnaval and didn't go to Rio ... So I opened my purse again, to buy some more flight tickets ( as everything is far away from each other here) and I will attend the show in Sambodromo :-) This is the only way to compare what is the best: being part of the show and dancing all day and all night in the streets, or watching the biggest Samba parade in Rio. My report on this will come afther 1st of March, as the Carnaval in 2006 is from 25th till 28th of Februari.
And now, everyone has the idea that I'm only travelling ... Well this is not totally true, as I'm spending the rest of my time at work, and during Carnaval, the whole country stops to function for at least 4 days ... ;-) But I wanted to travel to some other places in the country too, to make a big picture of the country, the Brazilian culture and differences between regions, etc. And I will start saving when I'm back in Belgium ;-)
I guess this is enough for now. Sorry for this massive mail, but it's been a while that you got some news from me .... So I had many things to tell.
I wish you all the best for the coming year, if I didn't wish you yet. That you may reach your objectives and goals in everything that you do and feel happiness every day of the year.
Big hug and keep in touch!
Nele
Feliz Ano Novo - Happy New Year - Gelukkig Nieuwjaar - Bonne Année - Feliz Año Nuevo - Glückliches Neues Jahr
Hello friends,
I hope you had a wonderful time during the holidays and last months parties. I hope as good as my days, as I spent an unforgettable Christmas and New Year on the beaches of the North East of Brazil ...
Really, I discovered a paradise overthere, some piece of nature that is already a little or will be exploited by turism in the future. But I was there just in time, before the entire coastlines are crowded with appartements and hotels. Imagine those pictures in turist brochures with blue ocean, christal clear water, white beaches and enjoyable warm water, some shadow of the palm trees and a pineapple juice in the hand ... This is how I spent Christmas day, something I will remind every Christmas in the future. I had such a nice time in Natal ...
And New Year was again on the beach, but now in Recife ... We arrived a little before midnight in Maria Farinha with the food and the drinks we brought from home and installed us on the table that Diogo's parents had rented for that night. At 11 we watched the fireworks in Rio, as they don't have the summer hour in Recife there is one hour difference between te cities. And I have never seen something like this before, and I want to go there once to see it with my own eyes ... anyone interested to come with me?
At midnight, everyone gathered on the beach to watch the small fireworks on Maria Farinha beach. Afterwards, there was a kind of a praying for the goddess of the sea while everyone was standing in a circle. Then people enter the sea and jump over 7 waves and throw a white flower in the see, all for the goddess and to have a prosperous year ... And something else that's remarkable to mention ... most people dress in white, so I had to find a white trousers here, but Brazilians models suits very difficult on my Belgian body ;-) but in the end, I finally found something more or less OK.
After this ritual, the party with live band got off till 4.30 when they took a break. Time to go on the beach again and wait till the sun rises around 5. Very beautiful ... and after a walk on the shores, Diogo and me entered the ocean to have our first swim of the year. The water was so enjoyable and warm for me, but freezing for people from Nordeste that are used to take a bath only when it's 30 degrees or more ...
These were the highlights of my trip to Nordeste, although I have plenty of other stories to tell you, and pictures to show. There was the visit to the Pitú factory where they embottle cachaça, the handicraft markets, Pelhorinho in Salvador, Beach Park in Fortaleza and the Israeli girls that I met in Natal. I don't know if I will find the time to write all this down, but you will hear my stories when I'm back, this is sure, because it was so so nice ...
And some other bad news ... my laptop broke down. There are 200 euro costs to repair it ... So I'm not sure yet if it's worth to spend this on an old computer ... I'm afraid that updating my blogspot will be more difficult in the future, but I'll see what I can do.
Some other news about the coming weeks ... most of you know it already, but for the people who don't ... my mother and my boyfriend Hans are arriving on Wednesday 18th of January :-) They will stay some days in Brasilia, go alone to Rio to visit this marvellous city and afterwards I meet them in Foz do Iguaçu (where the wonderful waterfalls near the border of Argentina, Paraguay and Brazil are) and we will travel to Curitiba and Florianopolis afterwards. It will be so great to meet them again, and to show them my daily life here and some other nice parts of the Brazilian culture and nature.
And when they return, I can start looking forward to the biggest party of the year in Brazil ... Yes, Carnaval :-) And I will spend a double Carnaval ... First I will go to Recife, to experience the street carnaval, that is considered by the Brazilians to be much better than the Carnaval in Rio. But I can not come home and tell you that I was in Brazil during Carnaval and didn't go to Rio ... So I opened my purse again, to buy some more flight tickets ( as everything is far away from each other here) and I will attend the show in Sambodromo :-) This is the only way to compare what is the best: being part of the show and dancing all day and all night in the streets, or watching the biggest Samba parade in Rio. My report on this will come afther 1st of March, as the Carnaval in 2006 is from 25th till 28th of Februari.
And now, everyone has the idea that I'm only travelling ... Well this is not totally true, as I'm spending the rest of my time at work, and during Carnaval, the whole country stops to function for at least 4 days ... ;-) But I wanted to travel to some other places in the country too, to make a big picture of the country, the Brazilian culture and differences between regions, etc. And I will start saving when I'm back in Belgium ;-)
I guess this is enough for now. Sorry for this massive mail, but it's been a while that you got some news from me .... So I had many things to tell.
I wish you all the best for the coming year, if I didn't wish you yet. That you may reach your objectives and goals in everything that you do and feel happiness every day of the year.
Big hug and keep in touch!
Nele
Feliz Ano Novo - Happy New Year - Gelukkig Nieuwjaar - Bonne Année - Feliz Año Nuevo - Glückliches Neues Jahr

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home