Brazilian corruption?
Sunday 16th of October
I went to a hotel change money with Dea and Fabrício. First they proposed to change it at the rate $1 = R$ 2,10. I told them: No way!!! The current rate is about $1 = R$ 2,26. this was too bad. So we asked them about an other hotel. But this was closed by the police due to illegal practices. I heard that they had the best rates, but OK, they didn’t exist anymore. We told them to go to the airport then to have a look if I could find a better rate. On our way to the mall to have lunch, the guy from the hotel was running behind us with the happy news that he could change at R$ 2,20. I don’t know why he changed his mind, but I don’t care. I had a good rate for my money. And Dea told me : “This is typical for Brazil.” Is this corruption or not, I don’t know. But I finally have some cash money again.
Afterwards we went to the TV tower once again. And this is my best picture of this time. At the left site you see the congress, a little to the right is the cathedral and in the back the famous bridge (which cost too much money concerning many Brazilians, but they are proud of its beauty).

We went to the airport at the end of the afternoon to pick up Dea’s passport. I didn’t take a picture of the airport on my arrival, but this was my chance. I like the airport a lot, because it’s an open space with some fountains and many plants inside. So nice to arrive in this atmosphere. You're always welcome to see it through your own eyes!!!
I went to a hotel change money with Dea and Fabrício. First they proposed to change it at the rate $1 = R$ 2,10. I told them: No way!!! The current rate is about $1 = R$ 2,26. this was too bad. So we asked them about an other hotel. But this was closed by the police due to illegal practices. I heard that they had the best rates, but OK, they didn’t exist anymore. We told them to go to the airport then to have a look if I could find a better rate. On our way to the mall to have lunch, the guy from the hotel was running behind us with the happy news that he could change at R$ 2,20. I don’t know why he changed his mind, but I don’t care. I had a good rate for my money. And Dea told me : “This is typical for Brazil.” Is this corruption or not, I don’t know. But I finally have some cash money again.
Afterwards we went to the TV tower once again. And this is my best picture of this time. At the left site you see the congress, a little to the right is the cathedral and in the back the famous bridge (which cost too much money concerning many Brazilians, but they are proud of its beauty).

We went to the airport at the end of the afternoon to pick up Dea’s passport. I didn’t take a picture of the airport on my arrival, but this was my chance. I like the airport a lot, because it’s an open space with some fountains and many plants inside. So nice to arrive in this atmosphere. You're always welcome to see it through your own eyes!!!


1 Comments:
I hope i will see it once!
Post a Comment
<< Home