Normal work week (3 oct - 9 oct)
3 October 2005
This morning, I woke up at 6 o'clock to join my colleague to the mall. It seems that you can do everything here in the malls. We went to a kind of a hospital office to take a blood test.
Malls are crazy here: some are open 24 hours, 7/7. The mall near my apartment is open from 7 till 22, 7 days a week! And it's so confortable to have this. I'm afraid that it will be hard to adapt again to the Belgian reality once I'm back. So, don't shoot me when I don't have drinks to serve if you come to visit me there ;-)
5 October 2005
This evening, I tried to make some washing gants (washandjes) because they don't have them here. And I only brought one with me. So, I cut a small towel in 2 pieces, and I sewed. I have to admit that I'm not an expert, but at least I did my best and they look quite nice. I'll take them as a souvenir, haha!
6 October 2005
When my colleague can't give me a ride home, I take the bus with one of her interns (stagiairs). He was carrying a huge bag, and I asked him what was in it. As he doesn't speak English quite well, and my Portuguese is still at a very low level, it takes some time to make ourselves understandable. But we manage to have conversations in a mix of English, Spanish and Portuguese. He explained that he has a small car with remote control, and he was going to play with it this evening. So he invited me to have a look, and there I go! I try to join everyone who invites me, to discover as much as possible. It was funny, as I was the only girl. But it was nice to see those man working, and playing like kids. But I have to admit that I couldn't drive those cars as they drive too fast. Some go up to 100km/h.
Here is a picture of Marco (an other one, not my boss) repairing his little car.

He owns a disco and has a boat. This guy has loads of money, but it can be nice to know such people. Who knows that I can go with his boat one day. That would be super!!!
You know, those cars are quite expensive here. A used car costs around 1000 to 1500 reals (the exchange rate is about €1 = R$ 2,66 for the moment, and used to be € 1=R$ 3, so it's not a good moment now for Europeans to change their money in Reals), a new one can go up to R$ 5000. But they told me that these cars are cheaper in the States.
This morning, I woke up at 6 o'clock to join my colleague to the mall. It seems that you can do everything here in the malls. We went to a kind of a hospital office to take a blood test.
Malls are crazy here: some are open 24 hours, 7/7. The mall near my apartment is open from 7 till 22, 7 days a week! And it's so confortable to have this. I'm afraid that it will be hard to adapt again to the Belgian reality once I'm back. So, don't shoot me when I don't have drinks to serve if you come to visit me there ;-)
5 October 2005
This evening, I tried to make some washing gants (washandjes) because they don't have them here. And I only brought one with me. So, I cut a small towel in 2 pieces, and I sewed. I have to admit that I'm not an expert, but at least I did my best and they look quite nice. I'll take them as a souvenir, haha!
6 October 2005
When my colleague can't give me a ride home, I take the bus with one of her interns (stagiairs). He was carrying a huge bag, and I asked him what was in it. As he doesn't speak English quite well, and my Portuguese is still at a very low level, it takes some time to make ourselves understandable. But we manage to have conversations in a mix of English, Spanish and Portuguese. He explained that he has a small car with remote control, and he was going to play with it this evening. So he invited me to have a look, and there I go! I try to join everyone who invites me, to discover as much as possible. It was funny, as I was the only girl. But it was nice to see those man working, and playing like kids. But I have to admit that I couldn't drive those cars as they drive too fast. Some go up to 100km/h.
Here is a picture of Marco (an other one, not my boss) repairing his little car.

He owns a disco and has a boat. This guy has loads of money, but it can be nice to know such people. Who knows that I can go with his boat one day. That would be super!!!
You know, those cars are quite expensive here. A used car costs around 1000 to 1500 reals (the exchange rate is about €1 = R$ 2,66 for the moment, and used to be € 1=R$ 3, so it's not a good moment now for Europeans to change their money in Reals), a new one can go up to R$ 5000. But they told me that these cars are cheaper in the States.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home