Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The end coming soon ...

You can see in my previous posts ("a long update about my Brazilian life") that I was very busy lately, and this explains why I didn´t have time to update my blog. I have a wonderful time here, but soon, I have to leave all these nice things behind me. In two weeks, the 5th of April at 9.45 I take off in Brasilia, fly to Rio de Janeiro where I change to one of those huge boeings to cross the ocean. I arrive in London the 6th of April at 7.30 and reach Brussels at 11 am with the flight SN 5392 or BA 392. So you can follow my trip on the internet or teletekst ;-)

It would be nice to meet each other soon after my arrival, because I want to stay busy while looking for a job in Belgium and I don’t want to end my social life that I had here. For sure I will organize some Brazilian event so that you can taste a little part of my 7 months experience, but I want to be updated as soon as possible about all the things that happened with you too! So take your agenda and find some day or evening to chat a lot and watch some more pictures …

And I have to admit that I am a little afraid too to return to Belgium. There will come a period with many changes: looking for a job and finding my own place back in the Belgian society. I know that a trainee life is totally different than how my life will look like back home. Soon I have to take up more responsibilities and my easy going (party) life will change (drastically?).

I read a report of a Dutch guy written one month before he returned home from his traineeship in India. His feelings were so recognizable! The fear of going back to our cold and structured (European) societies, where everyone just goes with the flow and where you are one of those 10 million Belgians, compared to Brazil where you are unique and everyone is interested in your stories and experiences.

Back to the rain and the cold. I do hope that the summer will start soon and will be as hot as the winter was cold this year. It has been raining a lot last days here, and the weather seems so Belgian. But the effect on your mood is impressive. The sun gives you energy and power to be happy and enjoy your life without even being aware of it. Only when she is gone, you realize that the grey sky is so depressing. This is something that I just have to accept, but I know it will be hard.

Other fears are going back to those closed and distant people, running to their job and home immediately after work with their heads to the ground and surprised when you say good morning even though you don´t know them. No horses in the streets anymore, no noisy busses for which you have to wait ages. Something that you hate when you are here, but you will miss it for sure back home.
No beans, rice and Brazilian barbecue that you pay per grams you eat, no hugs from colleagues, no free movies, exhibitions and theatre, no … , just no Brazil anymore.

I lived an intense life here and I am so happy that I had the opportunity to have all this experiences but going home will give me some hard time too. I do realize this but with your support, my reintegration will only go smoother. I am back with all of you very soon.

Take care and big hug,
Nele

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

best regards, nice info » »

25 April, 2007 23:05  

Post a Comment

<< Home