Wednesday, March 22, 2006

One of the objectives of my traineeship was to do some social work or to help the society directly. So I started looking for an organization where I could help and I ended up in Sonhar Acordado (translation: waked-up dream). They visit every month crèches and orphanages. It was a very good experience. We played the whole afternoon with the children, made dolls with them and they received a sandwich and soda. I also took a bar of chocolate that my mother brought, because I didn´t succeed to eat all of it by myself. And I thought it was nicer to give it to the kids than to my friends here who already know it. They were very happy with the dessert and one boy told me when we left: Bring more the next time, a lot more. Entertaining these kids gave me a good feeling and I went home with a big smile on my face. A pity that I didn´t discover the organization earlier to go to the crèches more often.

It´s cool here ...
This little boy was crazy about taking pictures and he appears in almost all my pictures
We also brought sandwichs for the children

Making the dolls


Carolina from Colombia and Daniel (biggest child on the picture ;-) went together with me.