Wednesday, March 22, 2006

The weekend after Carnaval, I traveled to Rio de Janeiro to watch the show in Sambodromo. In my personal point of view, I think you have to see this once in your lifetime to know what it is all about. More than 7 hours parade between 9pm and 4 or 5 am. Indeed you feel a little tired afterwards, but the energetic Samba music makes you go on for the whole night. The costumes and decorated trucks are wonderful.





But it´s like many Brazilians told me: you mainly watch the show without being part of it. So if you want to have more fun during more days, GO TO NORDESTE!!!! and party all day and all night.

Anyway I didn´t regret all the money that I spend for my carnival. It was an experience for the rest of my life, and I am happy that I could be part of it. I´m only worried that my next Carnaval in Belgium will be boring. But I found out that there is a Brazilian community in Belgium that celebrates Carnaval there too. Let´s go there all together and party !!!!!!